Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just things!

My first thought for today is that I am so thankful all the miners got out safe.  It was a miracle!  God gives man the knowledge to do the imposibble with his help!

I have not kept up as I had planned, never do.  I am not a writer and trying to come up with something to write is just impossible for me.  But ----- I am so glad fall is here.  Not sure which I like the best, spring when everything is turning green or fall when everything is turning the beautiful colors of brown, rust, orange, gold.  It is truly a beautiful time of the year, breath taking!  I really love the fall colors also.  They are my favorite colors.  I am just not a pink, bue, yellow person!

It is strange how our sense of smell can change all of a sudden.  I had never been the bakery type in scents but it seems in the last couple of months I am constantly trying to find bakery scents.  The only problem with that is that some of them really get to smelling almost the same and it is hard to detect the difference.  I do have some new bakery scents though - Iced Lemon Biscotti, Toasted Almond Torte, Pumpkin Creme Brulee, Fall Harvest, Orange Chiffon Bundt Cake, Gingerbread Village, and Amish Spice Loaf.  I have added a couple of new Christmas scents also - Mistletoe Whisper (this is really a very different type scent),  Bayberry, Christmas Morning, Aspen Winter.  There again it is easy to get to many Holiday scents and they sorta run together!!  I do have a new Pumpkin Pie Spice that came in yesterday that I will try to get a tester poured today and see how I like it.

There is one scent that I really love for anytime of the year and I always forget about it until I finally make and burn a candle made with this scent, which I remembered last week!  Falling Leaves, it is a clean scent but still has sort of a "woodsy" fall freshness to it, if that description makes any sense! 

I have been wanting to change my labels and looking through my Gifts & Decorative Accessories magazine I see some really beautiful labels.  But I think they would be almost impossible to make, would have to get them printed and of course that wouldn't work with all the scents I carry and it would also be very expensive and you know adding expense to the making of a candle makes the price of the candle go up.  I try to keep mine priced as low as I can but that is hard to do with the cost of candle making, it is a very expensive business.  But I am going to be thinking and working on that.

Well, that's about all I can think of today.  Need to get to work!  I will leave with a very cute card saying I saw looking through my magazine.  These are cards from the Greeting Place.  They really have some unique type cards with saying I really love.  This says "I don't like to brag or anything....but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school"!!!!!!!

Happy Fall,
Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment