Some things sorta bug me. I was looking at a website a few minutes ago of a candle maker and when I read the "About Me" page it hit me!!! Some candle makers are like politicians. They like to tell everyone what a great Christian they are, they are a Sunday School Teacher, Boy Scout/Girl Scout leader and blah blah blah. Just like all of that is going to make them a better candle maker. I guess some people are fooled by that. If they are then send them to me and I will toot my horn and see if that makes them want to buy my candles just because!!! And since I am all of those things you know my candles are going to be so much better burning and better smelling than someone elses who can't add all the so-called religious affliliations to their name. Now there is certainly nothing wrong with saying I am a Christian, it is just when you try to add all the other "stuff" that is supposed to make you greater/better/smarter than another candle-maker that bugs me.
Sorta like the Parable of the Pharisee and the Publican. I think of that parable often when I think of certain people!
This is from Luke Chapter 18.
(10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
(11) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
(12) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
(13) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
(14) I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Guess I need to get off my soap box and get to making candles. Now when I get through with them I am going to start tooting my religious horn so you will know how great I am and that my candles are so much better than another's!!!
I believe in living my life like a quote I read somewhere and it goes something like this "You may be the only Bible someone reads"