Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rainy Day

Well -- I know it has been a while since I have updated. Just haven't been able to think of anything to say!!! If you live where I live you are beginning to wonder if you need a boat to get out of your yard! I saw on the weather channel though out West instead of needing a boat you may be needing snow shoes! Sure is dreary weather here though.

I just want to say a word about burning your candles, whether it is a container candle or pillar. I know there are some of you that burn one like I do, continuous all day and into the night. Then there are those that burn for an hour or two and then put them out. The correct way to burn a candle is one hour per inch of candle diameter each time the candle is lit. This will ensure your best burning efficiency. Normally though you do not need to burn longer that 4 hours. Always be sure you trim your wick to 1/4" each time you light your candle. I always burn all my candles, jars and pillars, on a candle plate or holder. You can pick up cheap candle plates at places like Wal Mart and the Dollar Store. I just always feel better when they are not in direct contact with the furniture or counter tops.

As I said on my website - http://www.thecandle-shoppe.com/ - from time to time I will offer specials that will only appear on my blog. For a time, don't know how long, you can receive 15% off your order by using the code BLOG15. Just enter this code during checkout and don't forget to click to apply. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer.

I have brought back several of my spring/summer scents and taken off some fall/winter scents. If there is ever a scent you like but don't see just email me and ask me about it. I have many scents that are not listed on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment